неділя, 13 листопада 2016 р.

Easy English Poems



   THE THREE LITTLE KITTENS.
Three little kittens lost their mittens;
    And they began to cry,
      O mother dear,
      We very much fear
  That we have lost our mittens.
    Lost your mittens!
    You naughty kittens
  Then you shall have no pie
      Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
  No, you shall have no pie
      Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
  The three little kittens found their mittens,
    And they began to cry,
      O mother dear,
      See here, see here;
  See, we have found our mittens.
    Put on your mittens,
    You silly kittens,
  And you may have some pie
      Purr-r, purr-r, purr-r,
  O, let us have the pie,
      Purr-r, purr-r, purr-r.
  The three little kittens put on their mittens,
    And soon ate up the pie;
      O mother dear,
      We greatly fear
  That we have soil'd our mittens.
      Soiled your mittens!
      You naughty kittens!
  Then they began to sigh,
      Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
  Then they began to sigh,
      Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.
  The three little kittens washed their mittens,
    And hung them out to dry;
      O mother dear,
      Do not you hear,
  That we have washed our mittens?
      Washed your mittens!
      O, you're good kittens.
    But I smell a rat close by:
        Hush! hush! mee-ow, mee-ow.
  We smell a rat close by,
      Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow,


Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
How could he see where to go,
If you did not twinkle so?

In the dark blue sky you keep,
Often through my curtains peep
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

The Arrow and the Song

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

 Day

‘I am busy’ said the sea.
‘I am busy’ Think of me
making continents to be.
‘I am busy” said the sea

‘I am busy’ said the rain.
‘When I fall it’s not in vain;
Wait and you will see the grain.
I am busy.’ Said the rain.

‘I am busy” said the air,
‘Blowing here and blowing there,
Up and down and everywhere.
I am busy,' said the air.

‘I am busy,’ said the sun.
‘All my planets, every one,
Know my work is never done.
I am busy, said the sun.

Sea and rain and air and sun,
Here’s a fellow toiler – one,
Whose task will soon be done.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар